OSCON is approaching and the schedule‘s looking great. On the Tuesday morning Simon will be one of several open source foundation leaders giving guidance and sharing experience on some of the practical aspects of starting a foundation at the Community Foundations 101 tutorial. Here’s the program for that event:
Scheduled: 9am Tuesday August 23rd, in room F150
- What is a Foundation and what benefits does it provide?
- Should every project be part of a Foundation?
- Should we start our own Foundation?
- What existing Foundations could we join?
- Where should we do that?
- What “type” should it be? 501(c)(3, 4, 6), eV, Stiftung etc
- Regulatory trends
View original post 173 more words
Filed under: Links |